- Next day delivery
- Installation service available
- Buy back on all products
- Rated Excellent
- 3D View
- 3D View
GB2 Heavy Duty Barrier
4.57/5 (Based on 7 customer reviews)
- Buy from just £174 or hire from £3/week
- Ideal for construction sites and highways
- Compatible with mesh and hoarding panels (see pictures)
- Vehicle and pedestrian gates available
- Cost effective for large runs
- Delivery and install available nationwide
- Hire or Buy
- Forklift compatible
- Interlocking system
- High visibility
- Wind resistant
Filled Weight 350kg
Wind test classification Class A/78 mph
- Construction sites
- Street works
The GB2 heavy duty barrier is the most cost effective water filled barrier for quickly marking out extended areas.
Also known as a ‘Separator 90’, this barrier provides two metres of ground coverage and is regularly used at public events. Although the barrier weighs just 32kg and therefore easy to move and transport, it gains more than 10 times that weight when filled with water. The GB2 barrier’s filled weight of 350kg means that it is less vulnerable to vandals, and more resilient to extreme weather.
Each GB2 water-filled barrier stands at around 900mm high and over 2 metres wide. You can increase the overall height of the barrier by fitting mesh panels or hoarding. The addition fence and hoarding panels can take the height to 2.25m, adding to the site security and obscuring visibility.
The GB2 is designed to be as simple as possible to install. Follow these steps:
- Place barrier on even ground – the GB2 barriers feature forklift slots on the underside to facilitate movement.
- Align the two opposite ends of the barriers and slot them together. The barriers will form a tight join.
- Place the connection pin on the hole at the top of the barrier and push into place.
- Check that the drainage plug is secure with no visible opportunity to leak.
- Open filler cap (on the top of the barrier) and fill with water.
How to add a hoarding panel
- Follow steps one and two of the standard installation.
- Instead of inserting the plastic connection pin, insert the metal posts provided.
- Lift the hoarding panel into position and connect each end to the posts using the M10 bolts and washers provided. Each panel is secured in place at the top and the bottom.
- If infill panels are required (to cover the gaps between each barrier), these will need to be secured at the same time as the large panels. Position the infill panels in place of the gap, and secure using the bolts which have already been used to secure the hoarding panels.
The GB2 can also be used with a mesh fence extension (which creates an overall height of over 2.8m). You can also add a rota block using a stabilization arm/bracket. For full instructions and information, please download a copy of our detailed GB2 installation guide.
Important tip: Do do force the connection pin or metal fence posts with a hammer. The posts should go into position without the need for additional tools or excessive force.
Vehicle and pedestrian gates can also be added, and the GB2’s moulded shape means it can naturally form curved boundaries. Its maximum degree angle is 35′ so you do not need to additional, curved sections to form bends.
The GB2 Barrier is stackable for easy transport and storage, up to 180 linear metres fits on a single arctic load (see specification sheet). The barriers are supplied in red and white, so you can alternate the colours for maximum visibility.
The GB2 barrier system is a sturdy, high quality product manufactured from UV stabilised prime polythene. The barrier has been successfully tested in the Mira wind tunnel and on it’s own, proven to withstand wind speeds of 78mph. The barrier is compatible with our easy to install metal hoarding and fencing as well as site access gates.
Our GB2 heavy duty barriers are available for purchase or hire and delivered nationwide.
Contact our experienced and friendly team today for no obligation advice and a free project quote.
Great barrier and quick dispatch
Friendly advisory team, efficient dispatch time and overall a great product, they’re easy storing and the forklift slots at the bottom are a great idea. Great help Would use again thanks SafeSite Facilities.
Delivery was perfect and on time
We purchased 36 GB2 water barriers because we were having problems on our site with people being able to go where they shouldn’t and we needed to block this off. These barriers do they job and we are very happy with them. The delivery was perfect and on time, we were missing a couple of pins and as soon as we reported this they were delivered the next day. I can highly recommend Safe Site Facilities Ltd and will not hesitate to use them again should the need arise.
Really good cheers, will use again
Fantastic value for money
We had these barriers for a long hire, from October 2018 up until July 2019 for phase three of our project. Fantastic price, my manager couldn’t have been happier. Great value for money. Honestly, they weather well too, they didn’t move a centimetre in December when hurricane Deirdre swept through. I was almost certain I’d return to site the next morning and find a complete mess but to my pleasant surprise the GB2 barriers were unaffected! We will be using Safesite products and barriers for years to come.
Top solution for keeping carpark safe
GB2 barriers were hired to place in our rear carpark where an extension of our offices were being built. The cornered off the area and kept our beneficiaries safe. We had a pedestrian gate also which enabled us to gain access for authorised personnel when we were doing night time patrols. The hire went on for a little longer than we planned but Safesite were able to accommodate this with no fuss. Top notch, cheers!
Would highly recommend SafeSite Facilities Ltd
Our company hired 130 barriers delivered during the early hours on a Sunday night to Oxford Street in London. Also we purchased EVO 55 barriers from Safe Site Facilities Ltd to the same address. Orders were delivered at various times (day and night) and by two different delivery teams. The drivers were professional and delivered efficiently in the locations requested. I can highly recommend Safe Site Facilities Ltd and will not hesitate to use them again should the need arise.
We purchased 20 GB2 Heavy Duty Barriers (Ex Hire) back in April. Although the barriers were Ex Hire they were in a good serviceable condition and have served our needs very well. The transaction was also very straight forward, we made the enquiry, received a quote and agreed a price. The barriers were delivered the following week on the arranged day and time. A great service and I would recommend both your products and service with a 5 star rating. Many thanks Andy
Request a free no-obligation quote
We respond in under 30 mins on average (excl. weekends)
The SafeSite promise
We are sure that you will be happy with our services, but if for any reason you are not, we will be sure to make it right for no extra cost!
- Nationwide coverage
- Completely free, no-obligation quotes
- The most competitive pricing
- Industry-leading reputation & accreditations