- Next day delivery
- Installation service available
- Buy back on all products
- Rated Excellent
Site Operative – Security Solutions
Littlehampton, West Sussex
Reporting to: Security Solutions Site Operations Manager
Salary: £22,800-25,400 per annum , 42.5 hour contract
To work on a variety of sites delivering and installing the company’s products and services, ensuring compliance with Construction Industry Codes of Practice, Company Procedures, Relevant Safety Standards and Client requirements.
Health, Safety & Environment
Be familiar with and demonstrate a commitment to the requirements of our Health & Safety & Environmental Policies.
Principle Duties & Accountabilities
The specific accountabilities of this flexible role may alter from time to time to meet the needs of the company, but accountabilities will include (or be equivalent in nature to) those listed below:
- To carry out a range of tasks on various sites such as erecting and dismantling temporary wooden hoarding panels, installing and dismantling temporary metal fencing panels and plastic barriers, installing CCTV, carrying out clearance and cleaning works to the required customer specifications and boarding/screening up properties
- To load/unload equipment
- To comply with specific risk assessments and method statements for construction activities
- To adhere to Company Policies, Codes of Practice and carry out the work in a safe and effective manner
- To liaise with customers at site level effectively and promote customer satisfaction
- Attend weekly/monthly team briefings as required
- Ensure all work is carried out safely and that actions taken do not endanger yourself or others
- Co-operate with management and ensure all works are carried out to a high-quality
- Wear all PPE as required by company procedure
- Inspect and report daily any defects to tools and equipment directly to the Operations Manager
- Report any hazards, near misses, accidents, incidents as soon as possible to the Operations Manager
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping
- Carryout daily vehicle checks to ensure vehicle is safe and legal to drive
- To carry out any other duties appropriate for this post
The role requires the post holder to be physically fit and able to lift and carry equipment following Health & Safety procedure.
The role will include clearance and cleaning works at all levels, including furniture clearance, drug paraphernalia, and the removal of human and hazardous waste. The role may on rare occasions involve coming across a crime scene. The role may also involve on occasion working with the police during evictions.
The role may require working antisocial hours and on occasions being away from home for a few days.
Level of Knowledge & Experience
Experience of clearance and cleaning in empty properties. Familiar with working on construction sites an advantage. Ideally have First Aid and CSCS but not essential.
- Ability to gain trust and respect of team members and customers to develop relationships
- Working independently to plan and organize daily tasks
- Good communication skills
- Physically dextrous to handle loading and unloading tasks
- A basic level of mathematics is required
- Thinking Skills – Finding and evaluating information to make decisions and solve problems
- Good knowledge of house clearance and Environmental cleans would be an advantage
- Full Clean English Driving Licence
- To be comfortable working at heights
- Aware of personal strength and development needs
- To follow written instructions
- A willingness to listen, take instruction and work as part of a team is essential
- To have a good practical ability
- Good time keeping and reliability
Why join SafeSite?
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Additional one day of holiday per year of service up to 5 years
- Pension scheme
- On-site gym free to use for all members of staff
- Corporate gym membership to a local martial arts gym
- Discounts at many major retailers
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff social events such as our Annual Christmas Party and Summer BBQ
- On site parking